Medication training work book covers:
- Laws governing medicines, classifications of drugs ( GSL ,P, POM & CD’s )
- Supporting residents on self medication ( Selecting, storing, planning and devices )
- Administering medication, the 5 rights of medicine offering ( Right person, drug, time, dose & route )
- Giving PRN medication
- Ordering medication
- Safe storage of medicines ( Heat, light and moisture )
- Drug interaction
- Administering medication, highlighting on oral medications, creams, inhalers and eye/ear/nose drops.
- Skills for care knowledge set for medication. NVQ ( Health and social care) equivalent. New QCF qualification ( Qualification & Credit Framework )
- Accredited by The Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Accredited certificate in The Safe Handling of Medicines, certified for 3 years
Informative, up to date and relevant. Ten hours of study time required. We advise a deadline of 6 weeks is given for completion so they can be all sent in together for assessment. Each carer has their own copy of the workbook to keep so they have it for future reference.
Offered free of charge to all Invicta Care clients & care homes. Send assessment papers only back to Kathryn Fowler at Invicta Care to be assessed and certificates issued. (Assessment & certification also not charged for)